Artificial intelligence. IoT. Virtual reality. For years, organizations have been trying to understand what these technologies can do in a smart, new era. You may be surprised to learn that you can easily capitalize on them by innovating desktop communications.
We live in a world of completely adaptable technology. One in which custom solutions are built for us, by us. This is a whole new ballgame, and it’s only just beginning. We believe the desk phone is at the center of this digital revolution, thanks to incredible innovations that have transformed traditional desktop communications.
An open, customizable desk phone solution can now be used to bring new projects from concept to reality in minutes. It creates opportunities for communications as a contextual part of application workflows. It allows developers (or anyone, for that matter) to freely innovate in a new world of limitless possibilities.
A New Foundation for Desktop Communications
In companies, 65% of workers still prefer using desk phones, with millennials even ranking the device as one of their top communication tools. Now, the technology is at the forefront of digital transformation with the ability to unlock new CX and revenue opportunities, maximize productivity, and streamline operations.
Here are five ways an open, customizable desk phone innovates traditional desktop communications:
- Complete business application integration: Enterprises can use an open software development kit to quickly create custom, business-enabled apps. Meanwhile, the solution’s extensible nature allows those apps to be seamlessly integrated for immediate use, with administrator control over which applications can be installed. On the backend, best-of-breed firmware inherently protects the solution against evolving enterprise security threats.
- All-in-one engagement: Simple, instant and natural engagement means no more interruptions or pauses. Enterprises can effortlessly use voice, chat and collaboration apps through one-touch connections, eliminating the need to use disparate apps or multiple devices to engage. In a world where the mere presence of a smartphone can reduce brain power, this is huge for employee productivity.
- Custom-built workflows: An open desk phone enables integrated business workflows that support custom user experiences. Consider the Avaya Vantage™ device built on Android Marshmallow OS: customers can use ready-made applications from Avaya, install existing apps from the Google Play Store, or embed custom communication features directly into workflows to meet exact user and vertical needs. This includes support for next-gen technologies like AI, IoT, VR/AR and big data analytics. Explore some of our use cases for the hospitality industry and beyond.
- Next-gen design: Enterprises can enjoy mobile app simplicity on the familiarity of a dedicated desktop device. The contemporary design of Avaya Vantage, for example, includes signature audio excellence, a capacitive touch screen, no mechanical buttons, and an optional handset. The device gives enterprises the option to replace an aging endpoint with something fresh and different—not just another IP phone with a small screen and large mechanical dial pad.
- Visual advancement: An all-glass, tablet-esque screen allows for unparalleled, enterprise-grade video quality. Consider the power of this visual framework in industries like hospitality, where over 70% of customers say they would like to use a tablet to control various in-room needs (i.e., room service, TV, curtains). Enterprises can capitalize on new CX and revenue opportunities with a sleek, visual approach.